Personal Information means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: name, address, e-mail address, phone number, social security number, and insurance-issued ID numbers. Personal Information also includes identifiable health information collected about you. However, Personal Information does not include any information or data which has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third-party to identify a specific individual.
- HIPAA. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act protects your individually identifiable information that you provide to us for purposes of obtaining medical care, or Protected Health Information. The HIPAA Notice describes how we can use and share your PHI and also describes your rights with respect to your PHI. You can access it here.
- Collection. Information you provide directly to us:
- Contact information, such as your full name, email address, mobile phone number, and address
- Username and password
- Health insurance
- Payment information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, and credit card security code
- For health care providers, information about your employment, such as your job title, practice area, primary specialty, and medical license status, gender, date of birth, languages spoken, educational background, address, photograph, social security number, Tax ID, NPI number, professional license information and bank account information
- Personal health information, including information about your diagnosis, previous treatments, general health, and health insurance
- Any other information you provide to us
- Use of Information. Information and data collected is primarily used for these purposes:
- Provide telehealth service
- To create aggregate statistics relating to the use of OrthoLive
- To notify you when website updates are available
- To market and promote OrthoLive services offered to you through the website
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information
- For any other purpose for which you give us authorization
- Sharing. Whom we may share your information with:
- Healthcare providers, insurance companies, and other healthcare-related entities: We may share your information with other health care providers, laboratories, government agencies, insurance companies, medical examiners, and other entities relevant to providing you with treatment options and support.
- Authorized third-party vendors: We may share your information with third-party vendors and service-providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, customer service, business analytics, marketing (including but not limited to advertising, attribution, deep-linking, mobile marketing, optimization and retargeting), performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing. These third-party vendors and service providers may not use your information for purposes other than those related to the services they are providing to us.
- Legal: We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect the rights, interests, health, safety, and security of OrthoLive, our affiliates, users, or the public. We will attempt to notify you by sending an email to the email address in our records unless doing so would violate the law or unless you have not provided your email address to us if compelled to do so by a third-party.
- At your direction: We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction.
- Security. We use our best efforts to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. You should understand that data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can never be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure.
- Children. We will never knowingly collect the information from anyone under the age of 18. If we are made aware that we have received information from anyone under the age of 18, we will promptly remove that information from our records.
- California Residents. California residents have the right to request and receive free of charge, once per calendar year, information from us regarding categories of Personal Information we shared with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, if any. To request this information please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Request for California Privacy Information. We will respond to such written requests within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address stated above.